Here are links to useful websites for aspiring writers.
- 4 the Words – The most fun and motivating way to get words on the page. Friend me! Username: Valeria (my first Protagonist). Also, if you want to share some bonuses, use my referral code: YHOFN16526.
- National Novel Writing Month – Write a novel in a month! Writing goal of 50,000 words in November. There is also Camp NaNo in April and July, where you can set your own word count goal.
- Off Campus Writers’ Workshop – One of the best sources of writing seminars, located in Winnetka, IL.
- Writing Excuses – Great, short, practical podcast for writers.
- Savvy Authors – good online source for writing classes.
- Writer’s Police Academy – kick ass conference every August where writers can learn and experience law enforcement, crime, and other cool stuff.
- Query Shark – For when you’re ready to tackle the horrible, tedious, hair-pulling task of writing a query letter.
- Meaning of Names – my go-to place for finding meaningful character names. Unless I just like a name.
- Graveyard Shift – Lee Loftland’s blog for all things cop and writer.
- Twenty Percent True – Free fiction podcast. Monster tales with a twist.
- Goodreads – for finding books and keeping track of what you’ve read and what you liked (and didn’t like).
- Pacemaker – Great accountability tool for writers. Many writing goals available.
- StikK – Another great accountability tool, though not specific to writing. This one can be setup to involve some serious stakes.
- Cinema Chicago – Screenings year-round and The Chicago International Film Festival. Culture and whatnot.
- Soon To Be Famous – An organization that encourages new authors.
Here are other useful links
- https://websitesetup.org/how-to-start-a-blog-guide/ – A guide for beginners who want to start a blog.
- 123rf.com – Stock photo site for custom imaging.